Hi everyone! Today I’m going to be sharing one of my favourite go-to cookie recipes. These cookies taste awesome and they are a bit more healthy than standard chocolate chip cookies. I was planning on having more pictures, but I got so excited about making them I almost forgot completely.
For this recipe you’ll need:
1 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups Quick Oats (I used the Quaker Brand)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup rasins
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2) In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
3) Add applesauce, egg, and vanilla. Beat well until fully combined.
Tip: You can use either sweetened or unsweetened apple sauce. I usually use unsweetened, but the sweetened will make your cookies a little sweeter (and a little less healthy tasting).
4) In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add this to the apple mixture and mix well.
5) Add the oats and raisins. Mix well.
6) Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
Tip: To save on clean-up I line my baking sheets with parchment paper.
7) Bake 11-13 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes. Remove from sheet and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes approx. 24 cookies.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do!